Easy Green Curry Noodle Soup with rice noodles, chicken, and vegetables is quick and easy to prepare and JAM PACKED with comforting creamy Thai curry flavors.
Make it as a meal prep recipe to eat throughout the week or serve to guests!
Do you love curry so much you could just…drink it?
Then you’re in good company!
Thai stir fry noodles and Thai curry are simply irresistible to me. As I mentioned a couple months ago in my 30-Minute Thai Curry Noodles recipe, I often have a difficult time choosing between the noodle and the curry. What a loaded decision!
This to say, combining Thai noodles and Thai curry is what we’re doing in this situation and turning it into a delightful soup.
Because life is too short to not drink curry.
You can quote me on that.
All joshing aside, this magnificently comforting Thai soup recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, packed with veggies, and is crazy filling and satisfying. Plus, it’s fun to make!
My favorite part?: This recipe is easy to adapt using your favorite curry paste, animal protein, and/or vegetables. Translation: curry noodle soup all day everyday, you’re welcome.
Ingredients for Green Curry Thai Noodle Soup:
- Rice Noodles – I use wide rice noodles, but you can also use Pad Thai Noodles.
- Chicken or protein of choice – pork, steak, ground turkey, and/or shrimp would be fabulous!
- Vegetables – I use onion, garlic, bell pepper, carrot, zucchini, and broccoli. Use these or pick your favorites!
- Coconut Milk – I go with Organic Simple Coconut Milk (guar gum-free) but you can select your favorite coconut milk – just make sure it is the full-fat canned kind, not the kind in a carton.
- Green Curry Paste – you can use your favorite curry paste here! I love every type – green, yellow, red, panang, etc. This recipe calls for Green Curry Paste.
How to Make Green Curry Thai Noodle Soup:
Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Set aside until ready to use.
Add the avocado oil to a large stock pot and heat over medium-high heat. Saute onion 5 to 8 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and chicken. Brown the chicken 3 to 4 minutes (don’t cook it all the way through).
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to full boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil, cover and cook 10 minutes.
Stir in the cooked rice noodles and serve.
- Use Red Curry Paste, Yellow Curry Paste, yellow curry powder, and/or Lemongrass Turmeric Paste instead of Green Curry Paste.
- Add 2 tablespoons lime juice or liquid aminos/soy sauce if desired.
- Ginger lover? Add 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Swap chicken for 1.5 lb shrimp, and/or ground beef, turkey, or steak.
- For plant-based protein, add 1 can of drained chickpeas.
- Use any combination of your favorite vegetables for this recipe.
More Thai-Inspired Recipes:
- 30-Minute Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai)
- Thai Coconut Soup with Vegetables
- One-Skillet Ground Turkey Thai Curry with Rice
- Thai Stir Fry Noodles
- Thai Tom Kha Gai
- Thai Paleo Panang Curry
- 30-Minute Summer Vegetable Red Curry
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- 16 ounces rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 (3.5-ounce) jar Green Curry Paste
- 1 large crown broccoli, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into match sticks
- 2 medium zucchini squash, chopped
- 2 tsp fish sauce, optional
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the avocado oil to a large stock pot and heat over medium-high heat. Saute onion 5 to 8 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and chicken. Brown the chicken 3 to 4 minutes (don't cook it all the way through).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to full boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice noodles and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 of 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 640Total Fat: 23gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 49g