Green Bean Salad with Walnuts, Feta, and Lemon-mint Dressing. Perfect for all your summer Barbecues.
During a late-night scroll through pinterest, I saw this Green Bean, Walnut, & Feta Salad from The Kitchen is My Playground. I was immediately drawn to it like a moth to a bug zapper.
It took me all of about 5 minutes to hop in my car to go fetch the ingredients.
I changed up the dressing recipe slightly from the original and made a little extra to have on hand for my other salad-ing needs (which are fierce…but you already knew that).
The salad is everything you could possibly want out of green beans. It’s zesty, tangy, crunchy, and oddly addicting!
This grean bean salad will get you a standing invitation to all the summer barbecues. You’ll be the cool guy or gal with that amazing green bean salad with all the je ne sais quois all up in it.
It does a body good! Just looking out for your health and well being.
Ready for some green bean salad to enjoy while you read these words in the most mobile optimized of ways? Let’s do the bean thing.
How to Make Green Bean Salad:
Begin by rinsing and trimming the ends off the green beans.
Next, we blanch! If you’ve never blanched a single thing in your life, have no fear. It’s super easy, and once you go blanch, you’ll never go back. Right? Right.
All you do is FLASH cook the green beans in boiling water. To do so, bring a saucepan of water to a boil then add the green beans. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds, then immediately strain into a colander.
Transfer them to an ice bath, and let them chill. Literally…they chill right there in that water.
From here, drain and strain, and toss the salad …and that’s all it takes to make them dreams happen.
The lemon-mint dressing. Make extra. Call in for reinforcements. I gave you a recipe large enough for the green bean salad and then some, because you really need to eat this dressing on everything.
Drink it down!
If you don’t think you’ll use the dressing on other salad endeavors, halve the recipe so the dressing doesn’t go to waste.
I use my Magic Bullet to make all of my salad dressings because the small little pod keeps the dressing contained and prevents it from splattering all over the inside of the blender.
No one likes blender splatter. The ingredients just get whirled up for a few seconds, and out comes good vibrations.
You take this green bean salad with you wherever you go, ya hear?
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
- Black Bean Corn Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- Greek Potato Salad
- Kale and Blueberry Salad with Vegan Buttermilk Dressing
- Broccoli Salad Recipe with Honey-Toasted Walnuts
- Zesty Fruit Salad with Coconut Milk and Basil
Blanch it like you stole it.
Green Bean Salad:
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 1.5” pieces
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
To prepare the lemon-mint dressing:
- Add the salad dressing ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Keep sealed in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
To prepare the Walnut Salad:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the chopped green beans. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, but no longer.
- Immediately transfer the green beans to an ice bath in order to stop the cooking. Once cooled, strain the beans into a colander and pat dry.
- Add the blanched green beans, walnuts, feta, and red onion to a large serving bowl. Mix in desired amount of lemon-mint dressing and add salt to taste.
- Serve alongside your favorite entrée.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g