Sweet, refreshing rejuvenating blueberry mint pineapple Good Digestion Smoothie – a tropical protein smoothie designed to keep your digestion on track!
If you’re looking for a wildly flavorful and delicious smoothie OR a tool to get your digestion moving in the direction it should, this smoothie is for YOU!
Before we begin, do note that fruit smoothies tend to be very high in fructose. If you’re watching your blood sugar or find you don’t do well with large amounts of fruit, there are plenty of ways you can change up this smoothie to make it work for you.
Infused with big, bold tropical flavor with a cooling effect from the mint, you’re looking at a high-impact immunity-boosting smoothie that is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.
Like the majority of my smoothie recipes, I come with a purpose.
I designed this smoothie to be an aid in good digestion. Sometimes we just need some resources to keep the food moving (especially after the holidays!), and this is great for that!
Let’s break this thing down, shall we?
Pineapple (check), mint (check), blueberries (check), orange juice (check), banana (check), collagen powder (check).
These ingredients combined make for a vitamin-packed immunity-boosting smoothie that happens to be very soothing on the digestive system. Here’s how:
Good Digestion Smoothie Ingredients:
- Bananas: For those who aren’t intolerant, bananas can work wonders on digestion, as they contain resistant starch, which promotes digestive regularity. Bananas are full of fiber which helps move food along your GI tract and adds bulk to your stool. The starch in bananas serve as an awesome prebiotic to help feed the healthy bacteria in your gut, thereby promoting healthy gut flora.
- Pineapple is a powerful anti-inflammatory and contains the enzyme bromelain, which breaks down proteins, thereby assisting in digestion and proper nutrient absorption.
- Mint soothes indigestion and also helps remove inflammation throughout the digestive tract. In addition, herbs help activate the salivary glands, which also helps release your natural digestive enzymes for efficient digestion.
- Collagen: As an added bonus, I tossed in a scoop of marine collagen peptides, which help repair your intestinal wall in addition to being awesome for your hair, nails, skin, ligaments, bones, etc.
- Orange Juice is a phenomenal anti-inflammatory and also helps with good circulation. While oranges aren’t necessarily touted as awesome digestive aids, they lend immune support for an overall healthy body. For a lower sugar option, replace the orange juice with unsweetened almond milk. You’ll lose out on some of the tropical flavor, but you’ll love the creaminess!
At 24 grams of protein, this is a complete low-fat meal in a glass! Ideal for my fellow fitness junkies.
If you’re intolerant to bananas, you can replace it with frozen steamed cauliflower, frozen steamed zucchini, or a scoop of almond butter to still achieve that thick creaminess.
For a thinner smoothie, go ahead and omit the banana without a substitution.
You can also add kale or spinach to this smoothie to further intensify its digestive healing properties!
One more little factoid, and then I’ll let you go.
Food in liquiform is much easier to digest than solid food, and liquids clear your digestive system 4 times faster than solid food.
So if you’re looking to get things moving, replacing a meal with a quality hand-crafted smoothie should help get you going!
More Healing Smoothie Recipes:
- Liver Detox Smoothie
- Anti-Inflammatory Carrot Ginger Smoothie
- Superfood Green Smoothie Bowl
- Almond Butter Protein Smoothie
- Beet Berry Chia Apple Smoothie
Sip and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and frozen, see note*
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop marine collagen peptides
- handful ice
- Add everything to a blender and blend until completely smooth! Pour into a large glass and enjoy.
*Omit the banana for a low-FODMAP smoothie, or replace it with frozen zucchini, cauliflower, or a scoop of cashew or almond butter
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 Smoothie
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 67gFiber 7gSugar 44gProtein 24g