Garlicky Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Mushrooms, and Kale is a clean, easy to prepare dinner recipe that is paleo, keto, whole30 and delicious!
Today on NPR: Tech Talk Tuesday!
Just kidding, this isn’t NPR. But we are going to talk tech. In a highly unsophisticated way.
I made a rule for myself on Sunday.
I refer to the rule as No Tech Sundays, and it involves: me not doing anything tech-related… on Sundays.
Let’s back up. (<- this is a pun and you don’t even know it yet. BOOyah!)
On Sunday, I was fiddling around in the back end of my site, and as per usual when I back-end fiddle, I broke something. Because I’m a lazy sonofabeehive, instead of fixing the little coding error I made, I went to the site that manages my backups, and restored a recent backup.
And then half of my site disappeared.
Oh what’s that you say? You wanted to make one of my recipes on Sunday? Yeah, there was a 60% chance that the recipe didn’t exist that day. Like GONE.DOT.COM.
Because old habits die hard, I kept trying my Restore Backup Method using various backups taken at different times of the day on Friday and Saturday (because ineffective repetitive behavior is always a good idea), with the same result each time: 50% to 60% of my blog posts would still be missing once the backup was finished restoring.
Restore, restore, restore. Nothing, nothing, nothing.
I freaked the fudgesicle out.
My brain went to deep, dark places. It went to a place where technology ceases to exist. It also went to the beach. Shit, it went to Mexico.
Like, I thought to myself, “Welp, that’s it, folks, that’s all she wrote. Guess my Life o’ Blogging is ooooova!”
And then I thought to myself, “This is a job only sausage can fix.” So I ate half a pound of it. With half of a butternut squash. And some kale. The recipe’s coming soon. It’s not this one. It’s a different one. As I was saying…Turns out, sausage does not a problem fix. And doing the same thing over and over again to undo a problem also does not a problem fix.
I kept restoring back ups, I kept eating sausage, I kept calling my mom, I went for a run, My Sunday was spent in front of a computer with some high blood pressure and a bowl of sausage.
Long story short, I was texting MY GIRL, STEPH, and she gave me the stellar idea of going directly to my host to have them re-set their latest backup. I waited on hold for seventeen thousand years, spoke to a support tech who burped three times (three!) while we were talkng, and badda bing, badda boom, problem solved.
No more deep dark places, no more beach, no more Mexico. At least not today.
So my No Tech Sundays rule. For whatever reason, every time I get a bee in my bonnet to change something tech-related on my site, it’s aaaaaalways on a Sunday, and I aaaaaalways mess it up. Remember this post? <- happens all too often.
Henceforth, my Sundays shall involve no technology (NONE! Except maybe a TV…because: football). I don’t know about you, but No Tech Sundays sounds pretty liberating! Want to join me?? We can start our own #NoTechSundays hashtag. It’ll be a blast and a half. We’ll do all sorts of outdoorsy things instead of trying to be tech heros. Are you on board? Great!
So this spaghetti squash with chicken recipe, guys. OHMYGERD. So silly simple, so healthy, so insanely tasty and garlicky in your tummy. All you do is roast your spaghetti squash and saute up some shrooms with garlic, more garlic, chicken, lemon zest, and kale, with a side of garlic. BOOM: A meal you can eat in volume to your heart’s delight.
Lessons to be learned from this post:
- Stay out of the back end on Sundays
- Sundays are for football and sausage.
- Make this garlicky spaghetti squash with chicken, mushrooms and kale
P.S. This is so deliciously Paleo, it’s not even funny.
More Healthy Spaghetti Squash Recipes:
- Spaghetti Squash Egg Nests
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
- Crispy Salmon Bowls with Pesto Spaghetti Squash
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
Garlicky Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Mushrooms, and KalePrint
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash roasted
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 6 cloves large garlic minced
- 3 cups baby Portobello mushrooms chopped into sixths
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme chopped
- 1 large chicken breast sliced into strips, or two
- 4 cups dino kale leaves packed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or to taste
- Roast the spaghetti squash and set aside until ready to use
- In a medium-sized non-stick skillet, add the oil and heat to medium. Add the minced garlic and mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is very fragrant and mushrooms have browned.
- Add the strips of raw chicken, and cook about 30 seconds before adding the chopped kale leaves. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the lemon zest, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Strip the spaghetti squash into spaghetti strands and place in a medium-sized serving bowl.
- Add the chicken/mushroom/kale mixture and toss everything together.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese and enjoy.