Crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside Almond Crusted Salmon made with only a few basic ingredients. This easy recipe is paleo, keto, whole30, and mouth-wateringly delicious!
This post is sponsored by Raley’s.
After going paleo a million (okay, eight) years ago, I missed my crusted animal protein. In particular, I missed my saucy chicken parmesan and crispy crusted fish.
There’s just something about a crispy outside and a tender, melt-in-your-mouth inside that wins me over each and every time.
…But then I got smart and figured out how to make crusted chicken and fish in grain-free fashion.
While a traditional crust is made using wheat flour, it can easily be made using grain-free nut flours as well!
In essence, there’s no need to miss those classic recipes if you live a gluten-free lifestyle or limit your intake of grains.
Aside from the fact that this crusted salmon is completely drool-worthy, I have found it’s so easy to prepare using all whole food ingredients!
To make this Almond Crusted Salmon, I use almond flour, dried oregano, dried thyme, and whole grain mustard.
The recipe is so easy to prepare, and the result is the moistest, most delicious salmon with a delectable crust on the outside. It’s basically a salmon lover’s dream come true!
Let’s make it!
How to Make Almond Crusted Salmon:
Transfer the almond flour, salt, and dried herbs to a mixing bowl and stir everything together.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, water, and mustard.
Dredge a salmon fillet in the egg mixture, then place it flesh-side down on the flour mixture to coat.
Place the fillets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake to perfection!
Be sure to check out your local Raley’s! It is a transparent, healthy choice at a value.
I hope you love this almond crusted salmon as much as I do!
More Healthy Salmon Recipes:
- Crispy Skillet Salmon with Creamy Lemon Dill Caper Sauce
- Paleo Asian Baked Salmon
- Salmon Poke Recipe
- Mustard Baked Salmon
- Mediterranean Salmon in Parchment Paper
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Almond Crusted Salmon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the egg, water, and stone ground mustard in a bowl until well-combined.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, sea salt, dried oregano, and thyme until well-combined.
- Dredge each salmon fillet in the egg mixture, then transfer it to the almond-herb mixture. Use your hands to coat the whole surface of the fish in the almond mixture.
- Transfer the fillets to the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and crispy.
- Serve almond crusted salmon with lemon wedges and your choice of side dishes and enjoy.