2014, folks, it’s a wrap! Let’s wrap ‘er up and put a cap on it. As in, let’s recap 2014! Here are my Top 10 Recipes of 2014!
Wow. Wow is my The Word of 2014. I know, you were probably expecting my The Word of 2014 to be something more along the lines of bombtasticsupercalifragilistic, but: wow. I’m practically speechless. Should we open the floodgates? Sure!
2014 came and went in the blink of an eye. Was it good for you? I find myself overcome with emotions as I write this. You wanna know how it feels? I’ll tell you how it feels. Befuddling, man! But in a good way. But, like in all the ways…but also still in a good way: befuddling and overwhelming. It’s almost as though this stirring of emos would not have occurred had I not sat down to write about them. Almost.
This year, I took a leap-y risk and decided to do this ish full time. It’s been wild, 2014! Wildly passionate, confusing, scary, fun, delicious, full of epic fails, and overall: just plain epic. I didn’t want to make a cheeseball comment such as, “I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you…” but you guys, that’s what’s genuine and real. I wouldn’t be showcasing my consumables if you weren’t here to bare witness to them. So THANK YOU for being here, eating co-dependently with me, chatting me up, validating my thoughts and emotions, and for accepting my food porn commentary like, “Taste it down deep in your loins.”
^^^Okay, I’ve never actually said that, but you catch my drift…slash don’t be surprised if I write that in my next blog post, because food + loins = good blog talk, right? Right.
Anyhoo, before I get all Dear Diary on you (uhh..too late?), I figured I’d tell you what you liked best on my blog this year, and give you some of my 2014 highlights.
Top 10 Recipes of 2014:
(In order of top-iness)
- Raw Carrot Pasta with Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce
- Paleo Granola
- Thai Salad with Coconut Curry Dressing
- Ultimate Detox Salad
- Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Broccoli Salad with Blueberries and Honey Toasted Walnuts
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Kombucha
- Beet Pesto Pizza with Kale and Goat Cheese
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Beets
- Dark Chocolate Chickpea Brownies
- My two cookbooks, Delicious Probiotic Drinks and Let Them Eat Kale! were published!
- I began food blogging full time, like whoa.
- I went to Colorado for my friend’s wedding, fell off a bunk bed that was hand-crafted by Paul Bunyon, and won at Cards Against Humanity.
- I went camping with three of my girlfriends, topless sun-bathed with them, and felt like a free bitch, baby.
- I went to the Dominican Republic, did nothing but lay in the sun and eat Dominican food, and drink all the Dominican wines.
- I took a girls-only wine tasting trip to Murphys, CA, had all the meaningful conversations, and made one of my friends car sick with my driving steez.
- I went to Chicago to meet this girl, got felt up in the airport, and refurbished an old tattoo.
- I taught my first cooking demo. Can you guess the topic? Kale 101, you got it!
- I moved into my very first one-bedroom apartment! Anyone have any furniture they don’t need? No seriously, guys, I still need furniture.
So what does 2015 have in store for us? Food! I implore you to tell me what you want out of me for 2015. Teeeeeeell me! More meat, more veggies? Less talk of boozed up, trashed out butternut squash? More Fireside Chats? Stop talking at all, just show me the food? I’ll follow your lead, so feel free to get chit chatty all up on my comment box.
Have a fun and safe New Year!! xoxoxox