Mediterranean Zucchini Noodles is fresh, flavorful, and healthful – perfect for any time of year and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes!
Do you ever want to put a meal on repeat and wear it out like an old pair of sneakers? Walk 500 miles in it? Vegetable noodle pasta is definitely a meal I can walk 500 miles in. Errr….you get the point.
Raw raw raw ah ah ahh! (Lady Gaga reference, anyone? Sorry.)
Now it’s time for me to put myself on repeat:
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a recipe for Raw Carrot Pasta with Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce, and I told you all about my newest obsession: vegetable noodles. Using my handy dandy Spirelli Spiral Slicer, I’ve been spiraling some rawsome pastas. You can use whatever spiralizer you have on hand!
All it takes for a meal that’s worthy of putting on repeat is some spiraled vegetable noodles, some other flavor-blasted ingredients, and a fun sauce. Can you put spaghetti sauce atop zucchini noodles? A meatball or two? Yes, yes you can.
Zucchini doesn’t taste like pasta. But that’s okay.
Lately, my meals have been looking-like-a zis:
Here’s what I’m thinking: Spring/Summer. Picnic. White wine. Mediterranean zucchini noodle pasta.
Cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, zesty herby dressing, and feta cheese are what create a flash mob in your mouth for this meal. No sautéing, turning on the oven, or throwing pasta against the wall to see if it’s ready.
Although if you want to throw zucchini noodles against the wall, I’m not one to stop you. In fact, I’d encourage you to do so. Because it’d be hilarious.
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- 4 medium zucchini squash, spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup artichoke hearts, halved
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Crumbled goat feta cheese for serving*
- Rinse the zucchini squash well, pat them dry, and chop the tips and tails off.
- Using a spirelli, make noodles out of all of the zucchini and add the noodles to a large serving bowl. Note: once you get to the last 2 inches or so of the zucchini, it will be difficult to spiral, so you can either grate it or finely chop the rest.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and kalamata olives to the bowl with the zucchini.
- Whisk together the last 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour this dressing over the zucchini pasta and toss everything together.
- Serve cold with crumbled feta cheese (Note: To serve this meal hot, heat a the grapeseed oil, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, and garlic in a non-stick skillet over medium-high. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until softened, and much of the liquid has evaporated. Add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking until hot. Serve with feta cheese on top if desired).
*I used goat milk feta cheese. You can leave the cheese out entirely in order to keep this recipe raw, vegan, and paleo.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 of 3
Amount Per Serving Calories 379Total Fat 33gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 10gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 5g