Sesame Turkey Avocado Chopped Salad combines delicious fresh vegetables with sliced turkey and an amazing homemade sesame ginger dressing for a crunchy salad that’s loaded with goodies. Whip it up for lunch or dinner on repeat!
Welcome to my latest favorite salad recipe!
Crunchy snappy greens with chopped up turkey deli meat, avocado and sliced almonds all wrapped up in a delicious tangy sesame ginger dressing?
This salad is what lunch dreams are made of.
Chopping up the greens for a salad makes the salad super easy to eat, as you aren’t battling with large pieces of greenery. I love this method in particular because I’m not a naturally graceful eater and we all know salads can be a challenge to consume politely 😉
It isn’t often that I eat salad, but when I do, I love for them to be nice and filling. I add some form of protein and sometimes brown rice to ensure I stay full. In this case, I chopped up my favorite turkey deli meat, but I often go with baked or rotisserie chicken or baked salmon.
Lettuce discuss the ingredients 😉
Ingredients for Sesame Turkey Avocado Chopped Salad:
Sliced Turkey: The protein portion of this chopped salad. I use Diestel Oven-Roasted Sliced Turkey, which I buy from the deli meat section of the grocery store. Go with your favorite brand of turkey deli meat. If you prefer roasted turkey or rotisserie chicken, you can absolutely go those routes as well.
Hearts of Romaine & Spring Greens: The greens portion of this chopped salad! Transfer all of the greens to a cutting board and chop them up. This
Avocado: Adding creamy flavor and texture to the salad, avocado works wonders in leveling up any salad.
Cabbage: Red cabbage is packed with vitamins and antioxidants and provides a nice crunch to a salad. Slice it thinly for a nice textural element.
Carrot: Adding natural sweetness, flavor, and vitamins and antioxidants, carrots are one of those magical salad ingredients to add both flavor and micronutrients.
Sliced Almonds: I love adding nuts and/or seeds to my salads for an amazing crunch.
Sesame Dressing: Avocado oil, sesame oil, cider vinegar, honey, ginger, and garlic makes for an amazingly flavorful dressing to bring all of the salad ingredients together in one cohesive dining experience.
How to Make a Chopped Salad:
Just as the name suggests, a chopped salad is simply a salad wherein everything is chopped (or sliced/grated) to similar sizes to make everything easy to chew.
First things first, make the salad dressing. Simply prepare the salad dressing by blending all the ingredients together in a blender (or whisking in a measuring cup or bowl), then refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it. The longer the salad dressing sits, the more flavorful it becomes, so you can make it days in advance if you’d like.
Chop up all the vegetables for your salad, as well as the turkey deli meat (or protein of choice). Similarly, dice up the avocado. Add everything to a big mixing or serving bowl.
Drizzle in your desired amount of dressing and toss it all together until the salad is well-coated in dressing.
Serve and enjoy!
- Adjust the amount of ingredients based on how many people you’re serving.
- Add your favorite vegetables – cherry tomatoes, red onion, and raw broccoli are all great options.
- Swap out the turkey deli meat for you preferred protein.
- Use raw or roasted walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and/or sunflower seeds instead of the sliced almonds.
- Omit the pure maple syrup from the salad dressing to make the recipe Whole30 and Keto.
More Filling Salad Recipes:
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Greek Chicken Spinach Salad
- Balsamic Baked Chicken Caesar Salad
- Crispy Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Lemon Herb Tahini Dressing
- Cod Salad with Basil-Walnut Pesto
Sesame Turkey Avocado Chopped Salad
A fresh, vibrant chopped salad full of color, texture and flavor. Amazing for lunch and dinner!
- 12 ounces sliced turkey deli meat, chopped
- 1 to 2 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 5 ounces Spring Greens
- 5 ounces hearts of romaine, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1.5 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 Tbsp liquid aminos
- ⅓ cup Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt, to taste
1. Blend all the ingredients together in a blender (or whisking in a measuring cup or bowl), then refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it.
2. Chop the turkey deli meat, romaine hearts, spring greens, cabbage, carrots, green onion, and avocado (all of the salad ingredients) and place in a large serving bowl along with the sliced almonds.
3. Drizzle desired amount of sesame ginger dressing over the salad and toss until everything is well-combined and coated in salad dressing. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 large salads Serving Size 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 480Total Fat 36gCarbohydrates 15gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 23g
Friday 5th of March 2021
This is so good. My whole family enjoyed it. Your dressing was delicious. I used slivered almonds for that added crunch. Thanks for posting
Friday 5th of March 2021
I'm so happy you and your family like it, Lynne!! Thank you for the sweet note! xoxo :D
Thursday 25th of February 2021
This is so my meal prep next week!!! Thank you!
Saturday 27th of February 2021
Wahoo! I hope you love it Melissa!