Thai-style red curry meatballs with an easy red curry sauce and spaghetti squash make for a clean and hearty dinner! Make it ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week!
Did you check out the Thai Meatballs from the Keto Quick Start Cookbook I posted a few weeks ago? I thought I’d re-visit the topic, because, you guys, these meatballs are SO GOOD! Let’s make a thing of them, shall we?
All we’re doing here is baking up a batch of the Thai Meatballs, whipping up a red curry sauce, and roasting a butternut squash. Three components, minimal effort, ALL THE FLAVOR!
Put everything in a big bowl, mix it all around, and enjoy this hearty, nutritious meal!
These bowls are:
- Low-Carb // Keto as long as you don’t go crazy with the spaghetti squash
- Clean and tasty!
Lettuce discuss this red curry sauce situation.
All you need is full-fat canned coconut milk, red curry paste (yes, this is store-bought, yup, we’re going for easy peasy here!), fresh ginger, and a touch of fish sauce. Simply heat it all up on the stove top and use it for all your red curry needs.
Which brings me to my next point: this red curry sauce is versatile AF! Use it to your heart’s delight to add Thai flair to any of your meals.
- Serve the meatballs with any of your lower-carb favorites, such as zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, or any other type of veggie “noodle” or veggie “rice.”
- Use green curry paste for the sauce instead of red to change up the Thai flavor.
- Swap the ground beef in the meatballs for any of your favorite ground meats.
- The spaghetti squash can be roasted up to 5 days ahead of time.
- Prepare the red curry sauce up to 1 week ahead of time.
- Bake the meatballs and freeze until ready to use.
Red Curry Sauce:
Prepare the Red Curry Sauce:
- Heat all ingredients for the red curry sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle, yet controlled boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use. Note: the sauce will become even more flavorful as it sits - you can prepare the sauce up to 1 week ahead of time and re-heat when necessary.
Prepare the Meatballs and Squash:
- Prepare the Thai Meatballs according to instructions, and roast the spaghetti squash (if you are new to roasting spaghetti squash, use these instructions).
- Serve meatballs over spaghetti squash with red curry sauce. If desired, serve with green onion, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g