Fresh, tropical pineapple green protein smoothie packed with plant-based protein and delicious Flavor. Made banana-free with steamed cauliflower, pineapple, mango, orange juice, cashews, and hemp powder, this amazing smoothie recipe is a fabulous way to start the day.
How has your protein smoothie game these days? Lately, I’ve been all about a good tropical smoothie with pineapple, mango, and orange juice. I find this combination yields such a fantastic flavor, I’ve been hard pressed to go with any other flavors. What can I say? #AddictivePersonality.
Made with fresh pineapple, steamed (and frozen) cauliflower, mango, orange juice, raw cashews, spinach, and hemp protein powder, this smoothie tastes like a tropical dream and happens to be a healthful breakfast and/or post workout refuel.
I use steamed cauliflower in my smoothies in place of banana, because I have an intolerance to bananas. I steam a big batch of cauliflower, allow it to cool, then freeze it for smoothies. The cauliflower adds volume to the smoothie as well as that creaminess banana adds without all the sugar.
All things considered, this smoothie is:
- Full of plant-based protein
- Great source of fiber
- Awesome for healthy digestion
- Banana-free for those who are intolerant
Lettuce discuss the health benefits of this pineapple green protein smoothie…starting with the pineapple.
Pineapple is a powerful anti-inflammatory and contains bromelain, which is an enzyme that breaks down protein, thereby assisting in digestion and proper nutrient absorption.
Full of vitamins and fiber, spinach is amazing for helping food move in your digestive system while injecting you with nutrients.
While I’m not a huge fan of protein powder traditionally, I’m super into hemp protein powder. It’s very easy to digest, which is perfect for those with digestive issues or IBS like me. It’s also a sustainable plant-based protein.
Steamed and frozen cauliflower lends to the bulk and creaminess of the smoothie and also adds fiber and vitamins.
- If you can tolerate bananas and are fine with additional sugar, feel free to replace the cauliflower with 1 ripe frozen banana.
- Use your favorite nut in place of cashews
- Incorporate your favorite protein powder in place of the hemp protein.
- To cut out some of the sugar, go halvsies with the OJ and unsweetened almond milk.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower, frozen
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest, optional
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth. Poor into a large glass (or two glasses) and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 of 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 266Total Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 43gFiber 4gSugar 31gProtein 10g