Pear Avocado Ginger Kale Smoothie is packed with nutrients for an anti-inflammatory breakfast or snack. Put this healthy green smoothie recipe on repeat!
Chances are, if you’ve been detoxing since Jan 1, you’re either feeling pretty zenful yourself, or you’re crabby patty McGee, tempted to throw elbows at innocent passers by as your body comes down off its holiday sugar high.
Keep at it, my dear. Your place will be a place of zen once it finds balance without carbs. Replace brownies with bananas, alcohol with kombucha, and bread with sweet potatoes <- recipe for success.
We’re on Day 4 of detox drinks on The Roasted Root, and this Pear Avocado Ginger Kale Smoothie is cuh-reamy!
This smoothie came straight from my cookbook, Let Them Eat Kale!. I tweaked the recipe just a tad to make it even more New Years Resolution-friendly. It’s thick and sweet, with a nice little ginger kicker in the back end.
The kale + avocado+ ginger combination gives you a vitamin and antioxidant infusion. Plus, pears?! I always thought pears were best wrapped in bacon, but it turns out, they’re awesome in smoothies, too. If you’re being conscious of calories, do note that this is a high-calorie smoothie, so you can use it as a meal-replacer.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
- Liver Detox Smoothie
- Good Digestion Smoothie
- Tropical Immunity Boosting Smoothie
- Banana Bread Oat Protein Smoothie
- Beet Berry Apple Chia Smoothie
Drink thy green!
Pear Avocado Ginger Smoothie
- 1 large ripe pear cored and chopped, Bartlett or Bosc
- 1 ripe banana peeled and frozen
- 1 cup tightly packed kale leaves
- 1/2 ripe avocado peeled
- 1 teaspoons to 2 fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 ice cubes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt*
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.