Immunity boosting smoothie recipe is full of Vitamin C and antioxidants to keep your immune system strong and your skin glowing! Top with your favorite fresh seasonal fruit and nuts for a zesty way to start the day!
Thank you, Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! Check out more delicious healthy recipes, snag coupons and find stores near you at BobsRedMill.com!
This time of year, with vacations, kids out of school, back-to-back plans, and the need for continuous convenience, healthy eating habits can easily fall by the wayside.
For me, the best way of ensuring I get the nutrition I need in the midst of all the running around, is to maintain a stock of solid resources in my pantry and a plethora of fresh produce in my refrigerator – that way, I can whip something up on-the-go and stay fueled in an efficient, high-impact way.
I saw a quote the other day that resonated with me – “Self-care isn’t selfish. You can’t serve on an empty tank.”
One of the issues we have as independent, hard-working individuals is taking the time to nurture and uplift ourselves before trying to do so for others.
We feel like we aren’t being good people when we’re giving to ourselves, when in reality, we become more a more valuable resource when we’re operating at full capacity.
One crucial way of showing ourselves we care is by feeding our bodies!
I love that Bob’s Red Mill strongly advocates nutrition and brings it to your home with effortless convenience. They’re here to help fill your energy tank in the most positive ways.
I find supplementing my smoothies with high-quality protein powder ensures it is a well-balanced experience, versus all just carbs. I used Bob’s Red Mill’s Vanilla Protein Powder Nutritional Booster to add a nutrition boost (and delicious vanilla flavor) to this smoothie.
You can use your favorite protein powder or add in some collagen peptides. Hemp protein is always one of my favorites.
In an era with so many opinions about health flying around helter-skelter, I think it’s important to keep a hard stance and be an advocate for your own health. Only you know what’s right for you!
This immunity-boosting smoothie is packed with nutrients to support a healthy immune system and keep you strong during your day-to-day busy life.
In case you’d like to customize this smoothie to your liking, here are some options for…
- Reduce the orange juice to ½ cup, and add ¼ cup of full-fat canned coconut milk for rich, creamy texture.
- Use carrot juice in place of orange juice.
- Add fresh grated ginger to support healthy digestion.
- Add a handful of spinach for an even bigger nutrient boost.
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag me at @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
- 3/4 cup orange juice, 6 ounces
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup frozen mango, 140 g
- 1/4 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1 scoop Bob's Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder
- Add the ingredients for the smoothie to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- If making a smoothie bowl, pour smoothie into a bowl and top with sliced oranges and strawberries, toasted macadamia nuts, and a sprinkle of hemp seeds, or choice of toppings
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 Smoothie
Amount Per Serving Calories 489Total Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 95gFiber 19gSugar 60gProtein 24g