Easy mushroom and sausage pasta using store-bought pasta sauce. This quick and easy recipe turns out like restaurant quality pasta and requires 30 minutes or less to make!
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know I’m all about no-frills simplicity.
For me, the perfect date night involves a home-cooked meal prepared together and intriguing conversation. I know. I’m so contemporary.
Those of you who are looking to plan a romantic evening in the cozy confines of your indoor arrangement, you’ll keep this sausage pasta recipe as a household staple!
This pasta is a.) simple yet show-stopping, b.) quick and easy to prepare (you only need 30 minutes of spare time!) and c.) budget-friendly!
You may already have everything you need on hand!
Ingredients Needed for This Pasta:
Just 3 ingredients are necessary to make this delicious meal happen: pasta, sausage, mushrooms, and sauce!
How to Make Easy Sausage Pasta:
All I did to prepare this recipe was pick up gluten-free pasta, pre-made sauce (I used Bertolli Balsamic Vinegar and Caramelized Onions Sauce, but you can use your favorite store-bought sauce), sausage (I used Carando Italian Sausage, but I also love using chicken sausage!), and mushrooms. Once ingredients are gathered, we perform the following:
- Cook the pasta
- Brown the sausage
- Saute the mushrooms
- Bring it all together + serve
Crazy simple, right? I blush.
Optional change-ups to the recipe?
- You can use any gluten-free or gluten-filled noodle of choice, and
- Select your favorite store-bought pasta sauce.
- Change up the sausage selection to your heart’s delight. Any type of Italian sausage is great. I often use chicken sausage of all varieties.
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- 1 lb Italian sausage links
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jar pasta sauce of choice
- 12 ounces gluten-free rotini pasta, cooked and drained, or spiral
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large cast iron (or non-stick) skillet to medium high and place sausage links on the hot skillet. brown sausage until golden brown and crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Continue cooking and flipping until sausage is cooked through.. Remove sausage from skillet and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Return slices to the hot skillet and sear on both sides until browned. Transfer sausage to a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet with the sausage fat (if necessary, add oil to the skillet). Cook mushrooms over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Return sausage to skillet with the mushrooms. Stir in sauce and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over hot pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g