If you’re looking for an energizing lunch recipe to put on repeat, you’re in the right place!
These easy mayo-free egg salad sandwiches are creamy with avocado and rustic with fresh herbs.
You’ll love how easy and tasty they are!
How do you like your egg salads?
Do you take the classic approach with mayonnaise? Season it up with curry powder like my Curried Egg Salad?
Mixed up with pesto? Studded with sun-dried tomatoes?
Sexy and mayo-free mixed up with mashed avocado?
And since we’re talking preferences, what’s your relationship with the herb like?
Do you herb infrequently? On special occasions? Once a week? On the daily? Are you a wake n’ herb-er?
This recipe is a re-visit to one of the most popular recipes on my site – the Mayo-Free Avocado Egg Salad.
You all embraced that recipe so hard, that I figured I would bring it back with a twist.
I added some fresh herbs in order to boost the flavor and fresh appeal.
I know, I know…nothing revolutionary considering the recipe stayed exactly the same, but lemme tell you…some fresh basil, sage, rosemary, and thyme turns this thing into a whole new vegetarian animal.
How to Make Herby Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches:
Boil eggs on the stove top for 10 minutes, then transfer them to an ice bath until completely chilled.
Mash up an avocado and a half, peel and chop up your hard boiled eggs, and mix the two together with some cider vinegar (or lemon juice), sea salt, and freshly chopped herbs.
You can use the egg salad on sandwiches with baby spinach, or add a scoop to your green salad for some protein.
Tools I Used to Prepare This Recipe:
Enjoy this delicious easy lunch recipe!
Herby Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 8 slices gluten-free bread of choice toasted
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- Peel and chop the avocados and place them in a bowl. Mash until creamy using a fork.
- Peel and chop the hard boiled eggs and add them to the bowl with the mashed avocado along with the rest of the ingredients. Stir everything together well until the mixture is well-combined and creamy.
- Taste the egg salad for flavor and add more sea salt or lemon juice to taste.
- Prepare sandwiches by adding baby spinach and desired amount of egg salad to toasted bread. Serve and enjoy.