Curried egg salad is a beautifully flavored, unique take on the classic egg salad. This easy egg salad recipe is lightened up with yogurt instead of mayo. Sunflower seeds, dried apricots and dried cranberries make this an amazing lunch!
How was the Easter? Did you share a tasty brunch with friends and/or family?
Did you go for a scavenger hunt and bedazzle some eggs?
I bet you’re searching high and low around the internet for Delicious Recipes with Hard Boiled Eggs.
Don’t worry, smalls, I’ve gotcha covered.
CURRIED EGG SALAD.
I lightened up classic egg salad recipe by using whole milk plain yogurt (you can also use Greek) to replace some of the mayo, and added cashews, raisins, dried apricots, and sunflower seeds for a little crunch and flavor.
If you tried my Copycat Trader Joe’s Curried Chicken Salad and fell in love with it, then you’ll love this egg version, too!
Oh, and if you have 18 trillion hard boiled eggs to re-purpose and need another egg salad varietal, you can also try my Avocado Egg Salad.
It requires just 4 ingredients and is mayo-free and super creamy!
Use this curried egg salad for sandwiches, put it on top of a green salad, or enjoy it as is!
Curried Egg Salad for life!.
Curried Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt or to taste
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 6 dried apricots chopped
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- Peel and roughly chop the hard boiled eggs and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, maple syrup, curry powder and salt in a small bowl. Pour this mixture into the bowl with the chopped hard boiled eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir everything together until well-combined. Serve as is or make a curried egg salad sando!