Moist, fluffy, perfectly sweet Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins make for a delicious healthy breakfast or snack. These grain-free lemon poppy seed muffins are refined sugar-free and dairy-free and are a true delight!
Classic lemon poppy seed muffins have been one of my favorites since I was a kid.
I’m all about the citrus spunk with the tiny poppy seed pop. Plus, sinking my teeth into a homemade baked good? There’s nothing better!
These healthy grain-free lemon poppy seed muffins are lower in added sugar and are low-carb relative to traditional muffins.
But they taste positively glorious!
Grain-free and gluten-free baked goods can get a bad rap for having inferior taste or texture to baked goods made with regular all-purpose flour.
But I’m here to report that doesn’t need to be the case.
With careful formulation, gluten-free muffins can be just as delicious as muffins made with wheat flour.
Ingredients For Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins:
Keeping the recipe dairy-free and refined sugar-free, I used Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk and pure maple syrup.
All things considered, these grain-free lemon poppy seed muffins are a nice wholesome alternative to traditional lemon poppy seed muffins.
They are also paleo-friendly.
Now that we’re familiar with the simple ingredients for this easy muffin recipe, let’s bake a batch of healthy lemon poppy seed muffins!
How to Make Grain-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins:
As usual with my baked treats, I whizzed up the muffin batter for this recipe in my blender.
Simply add all of the ingredients in no particular order to a high-speed blender, blend, then bake in a muffin tin lined with muffin papers.
As an alternative, you can use a mixing bowl and an electric mixer to make the muffin batter if you prefer.
Just know these muffins come together super quickly, and they’re about as addicting as a watching YouTube videos of small animals sneezing.
If you love delicious muffins, also try out these healthy muffin recipes.
More Grain-Free Muffin Recipes:
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Coconut Flour Zucchini Muffins
- Almond Flour Morning Glory Muffins
- Coconut Flour Cranberry Orange Muffins
Get your mitts on a muffin.
Grain-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil**
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-hole muffin tray with muffin liners (or lightly spray the holes with cooking oil spray).
- Add all of the ingredients for the muffins to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the lemon poppy seeds.
- Pour muffin batter into the muffin holes, filling them ¾ of the way up.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 23 to 25 minutes, or until muffins are golden-brown on top. Baked goods are fully cooked once they have reached an internal temperature of 190 degrees Fahrenheit. You can verify the doneness of the muffins by inserting an instant read thermometer into one of them.
- Allow muffins to cool to room temperature before peeling off the muffin liner and devouring (Note: if you don’t allow muffins to cool, they will stick to the muffin liner).
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Per usual, all thoughts, feelings, and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this site possible!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.