Naturally sweetened gluten free cranberry orange muffins will suck toxins out of your bloodstream and re-purpose them for solving the earth’s energy crisis.
In spite of my love for the color green, people with accents, Guinness, and food that involves meat, potatoes, cabbage and/or cheese, I somehow took a flying hop, skip and leap right over St. Patrick’s Day this year like it didn’t mean a dern thing.
Instead, my friends and I went wine tasting in Murphys, CA over the weekend to celebrate Irish Day via wine. And chocolate. And Cards Against Humanity. There was the detox before the re-tox. And from there, just tox.ins. Naturally, I have since been re-detoxing like I invented the beetroot – a process I hope to repeat weekly. Needless to say, the St. Paddy’s green beer did not occur this time around.
Cranberry orange muffins have been my favorite since I was a wee tyke. The combination of flavors has always just worked for me, which means eating in bulk is bound to happen. Substituting nutrition into the muffin yields the ultimate excuse to continue volume eating muffin after muffin. Made using coconut milk instead of oil or dairy, almond meal and brown rice flour in place of all-purpose flour, and pure maple syrup to keep it naturally sweet, this recipe is actually quite healthful for you.
So whether you’re raising the roof in the gluten-averse house or simply looking for a delicious yet nutritious approach to a timeless classic, you’ll love this recipe and its disappearing act.
Gluten Free Cranberry Orange MuffinsPrint
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tray with muffin liners (or skip the muffin liners and spray holes using cooking oil)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the first five (wet) ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the remaining (dry) ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Fill the muffin holes 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until muffins test clean.
- Allow muffins to cool at least 1 hour before removing the muffin liner and enjoying! (Note: the muffins will stick to the muffin liner if you don't allow them enough time to cool).