Curry Shrimp Chopped Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing is a fresh, flavorful clean meal, easy to assemble on any given night! This whole30, paleo recipe is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
This salad has been rolling around in my brain for a couple of months, and because the sun is setting on summer, I figured it was high time I squeeze this one out.
Things that I love: Curry. Shrimp. Avocado. Mango. Corn. Salad. Chopping (that’s a lie. I’m really not that into chopping). The combination of these elements in a chopped salad is my way of giving myself the best food gift ever.
We sauté up some scrimpers with curry powder, chop up some delicious ingredients, and toss it all with creamy avocado dressing. We then put a force field around our salad bowl so that no one else can share. Juuust kidding, we share because we’re givers. Riiiight?
Let’s do the ol’ re-wind and repeat. Creamy avocado dressing. Have you had it? Ah-maaaazing! You can put it on any green salad or grain salad. I’m telling you to make creamy avocado dressing. It will improve your life.
I learned from the radio unit that avocados are one of the top three foods that make you feel the happiest (the other two are green tea and dark chocolate. I just blew your mind).
Something about something-or-other with some enzyme playing trickydoodles with your happy receptors to make you feel jubilation is what goes on with avocados. Queen of hard facts over here.
But here’s a fun fact: creamy avocado dressing will make you feel happy, especially when it’s snuggling with other hunks of happy.
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
- Balsamic Baked Chicken Caesar Salad
- Crispy Jamaican Jerk Salmon Salad with Mango Basil Vinaigrette
- Baked Chicken Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad
Lemme see you twerk!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
For the Creamy Avocado Dressing:
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
For the Curry Shrimp Chopped Salad:
To prepare the creamy avocado dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a small blender such as a Magic Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Taste dressing and add salt as desired. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve salad.
To prepare the salad:
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat to medium. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until very fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook about 1 minute on one side before flipping them to the other side. Sprinkle shrimp with curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until shrimp are pink and cooked all the way through, about an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Wash and pat dry the red lettuce leaves. Chop the leaves and place them in a salad bowl.
- Cook the corn by either boiling it in water for 3 to 5 minutes or grilling it. Carefully remove the kernels with a knife.
- Add the corn, red onion and mango to the salad and toss with desired amount of creamy avocado dressing. Serve salad with shrimp on top and enjoy!
You will not need all of the creamy avocado dressing for this salad, so store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Use for other delicious salads!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g