Easy creamy cauliflower soup – dairy-free, gluten-free, healthy, and paleo-friendly!
If you give a mouse a cookie, he’s going to ask for a glass of milk.
If you give a man a bowl of cauliflower soup, he’s going to ask for a slice of bacon.
You’re so smart to already have the milk chilled and the bacon crisped because you wouldn’t want to hold out on your favorite mouse…or man.
Two easy recipes in one week? Baaaaaaaaaaaaananas! First with the easy lamb curry and now with the cauliflower soup – saving time tastes gooooood! This soup comes out full of flavor and has a very smooth texture. You can dress it up how you’d like with cheese, ham, bacon or leave it as is.
Don’t fight the cauliflower craze. Embrace. Cauliflower seems to work in any way, shape or form….pizza crust, gratin sauce, oven-roasted…no matter how you slice it or dress it up, the vegetable can be incorporated into just about everything. Next thing you know, I’ll be making cauliflower brownies.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and chopped for serving, optional
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoon of coconut or grapeseed oil and add the onion. Sauté the onion until it is soft and browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté an additional 3 minutes.
- While the onion and garlic is sautéing, chop the cauliflower into florets and discard the green stems.
- Fill a large pot with a couple of inches of water and insert your steamer*
- Bring water to a boil, add the cauliflower florets and steam covered until the florets are soft when poked with a fork, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the sautéed onion and garlic, steamed cauliflower, almond milk, vegetable broth and salt to a blender (all ingredients except for the bacon) and blend until completely smooth. The texture should come out pillowy, creamy and soft.
- If the soup is not already piping hot coming out of the blender, pour it back into the pot and gently heat to desired temperature, stirring frequently.
- If desired, chop 3 strips of bacon and cook them over medium heat until they crisp up. Serve soup with crisped bacon on top or skip the bacon to make this vegetarian.
*If you don’t have a steamer, simply put the cauliflower strait into the boiling water and strain it out using a colander when cauliflower is done cooking
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Thank you to everyone who participated in my Bob’s Red Mill Corn Flour giveaway! A winner has been randomly selected using a random number generator and has been notified via email. There will be another Bob’s Red Mill giveaway this Friday, 2/15!!