Cajun-seasoned roasted vegetables are a nice change-up from the classic dish and makes for a delightful healthy side dish.
Born on the bayou? Yeah, me neither. You may have the same alligator chasing air boat day dreams as I, wherein there’s an old rickety cabin with a weathered white beard overall clad cigar smoking banjo player. He plays, you float by on your alligator chasing air boat and at the end of the day everyone eats gumbo. That is, provided your day dreams are as specific as mine.
If you enjoy rollin’ on the Cajun food day dream river, if you need vegetables in your life, if you’re trying to coax the toxins out of your post-Easter Brunch body, if you like to eat…Cajun your veggies, baby and don’t ever look back!
Credence Clearwater Revival is the non-food item portion of this recipe. If you’re a food and music pairing person – no doubt you are, you vixen, you – CCR’s what you put on your Pandora while you prance about the kitchen chopping vegetables, flinging spices like you’re hearing it through the grapevine looooud and clear.
This is without a doubt the easiest roasted vegetable recipe you will ever lay eyes on. The Cajun seasoning is your key to success. It puts flavor all up in your veggies so effortlessly. You can use virtually any vegetables you like with this recipe.
Put aside those pastel colored candies for a minute, Pandora you some CCR and get to choppin – you can really un-do a lot of doing with a roasted vegetable dish. Scout’s honor.
Cajun Seasoned Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all chopped vegetables to a casserole dish.
- Pour the olive oil and vegetable over the veggies and then sprinkle them with the Cajun seasoning and salt.
- Either use your hands to mix everything together (my preferred method) or use a large spoon to ensure veggies get coated with oil and seasoning.
- Roast the vegetables for 45 to 55 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times to ensure even cooking.
- The vegetables are done when they are cooked all the way through (sample a piece of sweet potato to make sure it’s soft) and have some color to them.
- Serve with your favorite hunk of meat.
More Delicious Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
- Roasted Winter Vegetables with Miso-Lime Dressing from The Kitchn
- Roasted Apple and Brussels Sprouts Grain Salad from A Farmer in the Dell
- Crispy Lemon Garlic Fingerling Potatoes from Perry’s Plate
- Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables from The Roasted Root
- Marsala Roasted Vegetables from The Roasted Root
mmmm…fresh out of the oven!