Dairy-free, refined sugar-free blueberry baked oatmeal is a delightful healthy breakfast! This delicious breakfast recipe requires basic pantry ingredients and is easy to prepare. Make it for your family for breakfast or brunch, or use it as a breakfast-to-go recipe.
Because the weather is warming up and Mother’s Day is fastly approaching, I have brunch on the brain.
Blueberry baked oatmeal is one of my favorite brunches to share with family because it’s so quick and easy to prepare, it’s healthful, and it feeds a crowd. All important things for a large, always hangry family like mine!
For those who enjoy a hearty naturally sweet breakfast, this blueberry baked oatmeal is perfecto! I kept the recipe refined sugar-free by employing maple syrup, dairy-free by using coconut milk, and gluten-free by sticking with gluten-free rolled oats.
Because there are a bloomin’ TWO CUPS-worth of blueberries in this baked oatmeal, the texture turns out – do I daresay? – custardy.
This recipe yields the perfect amount of sweet for someone who, like me, prefers breakfast on the less sugary end of the spectrum, and the tart blueberries give such a nice pop to the dish.
You can serve baked oatmeal up with fresh fruit, and a dollop of plain yogurt or whipped cream. I prefer eating baked oatmeal hot, but this is also a great recipe to make ahead, keep in the refrigerator, and have for breakfasts on-the-go.
All it takes to make this studly blueberry breakfast come together seamlessly is a little whisk n’ pour n’ bake.
I will say, this recipe requires upwards of an hour of bake time, plus some rest time once it comes out of the oven to help the oatmeal set up. Never fret, this just means the baked oatmeal is a great make-ahead recipe, and per usual, all good things are worth the wait.
More Delicious Oatmeal Recipes:
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Sweet Potato Rolled Oat Protein Pancakes
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, optional, or shredded
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups coconut milk, or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Stir together the rolled oats, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a seperate mixing bowl. Add the oat mixture to the bowl with the wet mixture and stir well to combine. Stir in the frozen blueberries and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until oatmeal has set up and is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow baked oatmeal to cool 20 to 30 minutes before serving (Note: if you don't allow the oatmeal to sit after it comes out of the oven, it will fall apart).
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g