Bacon, meet mushroom. Mushroom, bacon. Cast iron skillet. Frittata. Easy Saturday breakfast.
Saturday (10/20) marked a special day for me and the ol boyfriend. It was our 2-year anniversary!
I could go on forever about the meaning our relationship holds for me but to summarize a long list of ooey gooey, cheesy-nickname-filled sappy commentary, I want to reflect on one lovey-dovey nugget that I value about us: play. Playing together.
Each day brings complications, opportunities, distractions, stressors and overall awesomeness. Playing together eases, heals, creates memories, builds character, ignites laughter and connection. Playing for us means recreating outside and doing projects together.
Our anniversary breakfast was this frittata. While I have made my fair share of vegetable-packed fully loaded frittatas, keeping this one simple was a great choice.
It has 4 ingredients and took less than 30 minutes to make. A couple of days before this frittata, I made an asparagus & bacon frittata which was wuuuunderbar (Garrett liked the asparagus one better than the mushroom), but my pictures turned out purty lame.
Try it with asparagus, or not…either way, frittata up some bacon and get your play on.
More Frittata Recipes:
- Spinach Frittata with Zucchini, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese
- Collard Greens Feta Mushroom Frittata
- Butternut Squash Mushroom Bacon Frittata
- Zucchini Arugula and Feta Frittata
Bacon & Mushroom Frittata
- 4 strips thick cut bacon thinly chopped
- 6 mushrooms sliced, baby portabella
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium (or medium-high) heat and add the chopped bacon. Allow bacon to cook until browned and crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are softened and browned, about 5 minutes. In a bowl, lightly beat or whisk the eggs and mix in the shredded cheese.
- Pour the egg/cheese mixture into the cast iron skillet. Place the cast iron skillet into the oven and bake 12 – 15 minutes until egg is cooked all the way through but still moist.