Add a thick slice of peppered bacon and cotija to your guacamole for a unique spin on the classic dip!
^ This is my crack.
Avocadoes are my spirit animal, and when you moosh them up with my 2nd favorite meat in all the land (bacon) + my 4th favorite cheese ever to exist (cotija), I basically begin fiending like a rabid werewolf-like creature apparatus. But with a certain amount of class, because: appearances.
So really what I’m trying to say here is the making of this guacamole carves out a slice of heaven on earth and jettisons you into this bubble in the space-time continuum that cannot be tarnished by lame co-workers, bad moods, hangnails, and/or poorly skilled automobile drivers.
Side note: if you don’t eat bacon, you can omit it from the recipe and still end up with a super bangarang guacamole
Eating suggestions: serve this stuff up with crackers, chips, or raw vegetables. You can also use it on your favorite sandwiches, burgers, and in wraps. Per ush, I ate it on top of my scrambled eggs.
I put it on my morning scramble.
I know, you’re shocked.
I ate it with a spoon.
I put it on chili.
Anywhere a guac can go, that’s where it went.
Make it for your football matches you seem to be watching on the TVs.
No spirit animals were harmed in the making of this guacamole
Bacon Guacamole with Queso Fresco
- 1 slice thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and cored
- 1 clove large garlic minced
- ½ jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup your favorite salsa
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- sea salt
- ¼ cup cotija cheese
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat, flipping several times, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and chop.
- Add all of the ingredients for the guacamole to a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until desired consistency has been reached (I like to leave my guacamole somewhat chunky).
- Serve with chips and/or put it on all the things.