This salad is where the detoxes come home to roost. The Ultimate Detox Salad with kale, walnuts, red bell pepper, avocado, carrots, cabbage (and more!) and a homemade parsley dressing is flavorful and delicious nutrient-dense salad recipe.
A vibrant, crunchy, fibrous ultimate detox salad loaded with variety and flavor.
I’ve shown you detoxifying recipes a-plenty, but this one pretty much takes the cake (takes the kale?) when it comes to cleaning out the cobwebs.
For instance, my Liver Detox Smoothie, Lemon-Ginger Detox Tea, and these Anti-Inflammatory Recipes to Boost Your Immune System all do a body great!
And now we’re here for this crunchy colorful kale salad.
Health Benefits of The Ultimate Detox Salad:
The componentry of this salad has a stellar nutrient profile. Like if you stumbled upon it on match.com you’d be all “that’s the one.”
Kale, red cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, and parsley are all very dense in Vitamins K, A, C, and B6, folate, and fiber.
They are all full of anti-oxidants, help lower cholesterol, regulate your blood sugar, and are said to prevent disease.
Walnuts add protein and additional antioxidants to the mix, and avocados provide the healthy fats to help your body absorb the nutrients from all the veggies.
A lemon-mustard dressing seals the deal on this detox delight.
Basically, The Ultimate Detox Salad is all the good juju tossed together in a vibrant explosion of flavor and texture.
Whether you’re in a constant detox/re-tox cycle or are just looking for a crisp, fresh salad, this one’s a hero in a half-shell.
If you’re loving all up on this detox salad, be sure to check out my newly-released kale cookbook, Let Them Eat Kale! It’s full of nutritious recipes that help cleanse your system and keep your body healthy and happy.
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for all your support!
If you make this Ultimate Detox Salad, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
The Ultimate Detox Salad
The Ultimate Detox Salad with lemon parsley dressing is a healthful, nutrient dense light meal or side dish!
Lemon Parsley Ginger Dressing:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 2 cups kale leaves, chopped and tightly packed
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into match sticks
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl until well combined (or blend it in a small blender).
- Add the kale, cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl and pour in desired amount of dressing. Toss until everything is well-coated and add more dressing and/or sea salt to taste.
- Add the diced avocado, walnuts, and sesame seeds to the mixing bowl and toss until well-combined.
- Serve as an entrée salad or as a side dish!
You can replace the dressing with your favorite homemade or store-bought dressing.
Saturday 20th of June 2020
I ate just because I had all ingredients and wanted something healthy but crunchtastic. This was good. Leftovers ?
Monday 22nd of June 2020
Happy to hear it!
Monday 27th of January 2020
Hmm, this salad looks really delicious. January is about the salads after Christmas time :) Fortunately, we love this kind of food too!
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
Saturday 31st of March 2018
What a gorgeous salad! I will definitely be making this recipe soon :)
Monday 15th of May 2017
Yum just made and ate it right now ????. Thanks for making healthier eating easier and tastier ????????.
***Made a few modifications for time or because I didn't have the said item but still tasted Yummmm:
- used stevia instead of honey - used dried ground herbs instead of fresh cuz that's what I had - dressing needs plenty of black pepper IMO - skipped avocado, cabbage, and bell pepper and used cilantro instead of parsley - replaced seasame with chia seeds
Final note: this salad is big so if making for yourself, unless you're a giant you won't be able to finish!!
Friday 12th of May 2017
This salad is amazing! I've been experimenting by adding little additions. This week I added fresh mint leaves. They were not overpowering, and they complimented all of the flavors very nicely. For lack of ingredients for the dressing I made a quick apple cider vinaigrette. Love your recipes!!