This salad is where the detoxes come home to roost. The Ultimate Detox Salad with kale, walnuts, red bell pepper, avocado, carrots, cabbage (and more!) and a homemade parsley dressing is flavorful and delicious nutrient-dense salad recipe.
This is the Aston Martin of detox salads. The Novak Djokovic, Warren Buffet, the Barry Bonds, the James Brown, the Paul Rudd (what?) of detox salads.
What did you do last night? You could probably use a detox.
A few months ago, I fell ass-over-teakettle for this Detox Salad with Lemon Dressing from Homemade Levity and have revisited it on numerous occasions. I’ve shown you detox-eriffic recipes a-plenty, but this one pretty much takes the cake (takes the kale?) when it comes to cleaning out the cobwebs.
How to Make The Ultimate Detox Salad:
The componentry of this salad has a stellar nutrient profile. Like if you stumbled upon it on match.com you’d be all “that’s the one.”
Kale, red cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, and parsley are all very dense in Vitamins K, A, C, and B6, folate, and fiber. They are all full of anti-oxidants, help lower cholesterol, regulate your blood sugar, and are said to prevent disease.
Walnuts add protein and additional antioxidants to the mix, and avocados provide the healthy fats to help your body absorb the nutrients from all the veggies. A lemon-mustard dressing seals the deal on this detox delight.
Basically, The Ultimate Detox Salad is all the good juju tossed together in a vibrant explosion of flavor and texture. Whether you’re in a constant detox/re-tox cycle or are just looking for a crisp, fresh salad, this one’s a hero in a half-shell.
If you’re loving all up on this detox salad, be sure to check out my newly-released kale cookbook, Let Them Eat Kale! It’s full of nutritious recipes that help cleanse your system and keep your body healthy and happy.
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for all your support!
If you make this Ultimate Detox Salad, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
Lemon Parsley Ginger Dressing:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 2 cups kale leaves, chopped and tightly packed
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into match sticks
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl until well combined (or blend it in a small blender).
- Add the kale, cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl and pour in desired amount of dressing. Toss until everything is well-coated and add more dressing and/or sea salt to taste.
- Add the diced avocado, walnuts, and sesame seeds to the mixing bowl and toss until well-combined.
- Serve as an entrée salad or as a side dish!
You can replace the dressing with your favorite homemade or store-bought dressing.