Paleo morning glory cookies are made with almond flour, almond butter, grated carrot and apple, raisins, walnuts, and pure maple syrup. These grain-free treats are healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
If you’ve been around my blog for a while, you may have run into my Paleo Morning Glory Quick Bread or my Grain-Free Morning Glory Muffins. Both have been a huge hit on this site, and also very popular among my friends and family!
Borrowing the morning glory concept and cookiefying it, I have whipped us up a batch of Paleo Morning Glory Cookies.
And guess what?! They’re healthy enough to eat for breakfast or snack!
Spoiler alert: These cookies have a fluffy, soft texture like muffin tops.
These cookies are made with almond flour, almond butter, shredded carrot and apple, apple sauce, walnuts, flaked coconut, and pure maple syrup. Plus, it’s all spiced up with cinnamon and ginger, so you know they’ve got to be amazing.
How to Make Paleo Morning Glory Cookies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the almond butter, egg, pure maple syrup and pure vanilla extract to a bowl. Stir well until creamy.
In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, baking soda, and sea salt. Transfer this mixture to the bowl with the wet almond butter mixture and stir until combined.
Stir in the remaining ingredients – flaked coconut, carrot, apples, raisins, and walnuts and stir well.
Drop cookie dough on the parchment paper. Note: the cookie dough will be thick and won’t spread very much while baking, so you’ll want to form the dough into the shape you want.
Bake for 15 minutes for softer cookies, and up to 22 minutes for crispier cookies.
Allow cookies to cool at least 5 minutes before eating.
- For crispier cookies, omit one of the eggs and add ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce.
- Replace the almond flour with hazelnut flour.
- Swap out the walnuts for pecans or pumpkin seeds.
- Replace raisins with dried blueberries.
Enjoy a glorious morning with these morning glory cookies!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make these Paleo Morning Glory Cookies, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Paleo Morning Glory Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened creamy almond butter see note*
- 2 large eggs see note**
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond butter, eggs, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract until creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Transfer the flour mixture to the mixing bowl with the wet mixture and stir well until combined. Stir in the remaining ingredients (apple, carrot, raisins, walnuts).
- Drop cookie dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet (I like to make the cookies large, but you can make them any size you'd like). Bake 15 minutes, or until cookies are golden-brown around the edges. For crispier cookies, bake 17 to 20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes and serve.