Paleo eggnog latte with homemade vegan eggnog. This festive beverage is naturally sweetened and dairy-free.
As you know, I’m a daily drinker of the bulletproof coffee, but from time to time, I enjoy an afternoon homemade coffee treat such as a Pumpkin Spice Latte, or an Eggnog Latte. While I do enjoy a nice holiday-inspired treat, I’d choose a hot beverage over a Christmas cookie if you can believe it.
There’s something about sipping on something warm, warmly spiced, festive, and ever so slightly sweet that just brings all the holiday cheer to your heart and soul.
Sometimes that special something is straight up coffee and whisky during a day of snowboarding, and sometimes that special something is an eggnog latte.
After whipping up The BEST Vegan Eggnog a couple weeks back, I went on an Eggnog Latte kick (using decaf coffee, because girl’s gotta sleep, you know?).
All you really need to know about this hot toasty beverage, aside from the fact that it’s ultra comforting and warms the belly, is it is vegan, paleo, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened.
In other words, GREAT for those of us who enjoy a fancy coffee beverage but don’t necessarily want the refined sugar and dairy.
Feeling adventurous? #JustAddBooze.
How to Make an Eggnog Latte:
I simply brew a strong batch of decaf coffee using my small chemex, heat some eggnog on the stove top (or in my milk frother), then mix the two together.
If you have an espresso machine, you can absolutely make an authentic eggnog latte by using espresso instead of coffee!
- Interested in turning this into a bulletproof situation? Simply add the coffee, hot eggnog, and 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon of ghee, coconut oil, or MCT oil to a blender, and blend for 1 minute.
- You can also add 1 to 2 scoops of collagen peptides and/or beef gelatin for a bit of a protein boost and some gut healing properties.
- Top it with some Coconut Milk Whipped Cream (or regular whipped cream if you can do dairy) for added decadence.
- Prefer your eggnog latte on the sweet side? Add 1 to 2 tsp pure maple syrup or stevia.
- If you have an espresso machine, use 1 to 2 shots espresso instead of coffee
Paleo Eggnog Latte (Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups Vegan Eggnog
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or 1 shot espresso
- Heat the eggnog on the stovetop, whisking consistently until it begins to steam but not boil.
- Brew a batch of strong brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots espresso) and pour it into a large mug. Pour in the vegan eggnog and stir, garnish with freshly grated nutmeg, and enjoy!
- Note: If adding MCT oil or collagen peptides, blend everything together in a high-powered blender until combined.