Refined sugar-free, dairy free, egg free vegan eggnog made with raw cashews and pure maple syrup. This healthier take on eggnog makes for an excellent holiday beverage.
If it’s possible to do ya a solid in liquid form, that’s exactly what I’ve done here. I’ve done you a solid with this vegan eggnog. Which is liquid.bliss.
What I mean to say is this eggnog is completely addicting and it’s nothing but healthful for you. Made with raw cashews, coconut milk, a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, and just the slightest bit of pure maple syrup make for an eggnog that is not only huge in flavor, but is also nutritious.
I’m no vegan, but this vegan eggnog is dope. It has no refined sugar, is dairy-free, and egg-free. You deal with zero egg yolks in this recipe. That’s zero for salmonella. No whisking involved, neither.
Eggnog with no eggs?? Heresy! What in hells bells can take the place of eggs? Casheeeeeeeews! Bless you.
To make this eggnog, you first soak cashews, which are the vegan road to Elysium. You then blend them with other delicious, natural, and healthy ingredients like coconut milk and dates. Badabing, badaboom, just like a prayer, Shangri-la.
We will never understand eggnog naysayers. We put our brave britches on, take a swig of nog and say, “no, nog naysayer. I will not succumb to your non-nog naysaying ways.”
If you’re looking for advice on how to get through the holidays, it’s at the bottom of a glass filled with this eggnog and straight up brandy. Drink up.
Recipe adapted from The Chalkboard Mag’s Vegan Eggnog.
- Soak cashews in water overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- Drain the water from the cashew and place them in a blender with 2 cups of fresh water. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a uniform consistency is achieved. This will require some time, as the dates take a great deal of blending.
- Pour eggnog into a glass container and refrigerate until cold (all the blending will likely heat the mixture up, so for best results, refrigerate before drinking).
- Do crazy awesome stuff with your eggnog.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Eggnog cocktail, anyone? Try one or all of these:
Spiced Eggnog Cocktail from A Family Feast
White Chocolate Eggnog Cocktail from Daydreamer Desserts
Eggnog Cocktail from Savvy Mom
Spiked Holiday Eggnog from Honestly Yum