This easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce with maple and ginger comes together lightning quickly and is so fresh and flavorful! An amazing condiment for your Thanksgiving turkey, this homemade cranberry sauce is always a crowd-pleaser.
Do yourself a favor and make this easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce!
You can make it up to 7 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator, or make it weeks in advance and keep it in the freezer.
The holidays are always nerve-wracking, and you never know what is going to come up the day before or the day of the feast.
For this reason, I try to do as much prep ahead of time as possible. This helps ensure the gathering is as it should be – relaxing and fun! It also helps free up valuable oven and stove top space.
Of course, you don’t have to make this easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce recipe ahead of time…it goes so quickly, you can easily make it the same day as your feast.
Just be sure you give yourself enough time to chill it in the refrigerator (we serve our cranberry sauce cold).
Whether you’re making homemade cranberry sauce on the stove top or in the pressure cooker, the process is incredibly easy! It’s one of those winning side dishes that everyone appreciates, yet takes so little effort to make.
Why Make Cranberry Sauce in The Instant Pot?:
The purpose of making cranberry sauce in the pressure cooker is twofold. First, we’re saving stove top space, and second, we’re eliminating the need to monitor the sauce over said stove top.
We simply dump the ingredients for the sauce into the pressure cooker, let it do its thing and. BOOM! You have sauce.
Cranberry sauce saves very well, so it’s one of my Thanksgiving sides that I make many days in advance. Spreading out the work as much as possible ensures the holiday goes over as intended – relaxing and fun versus nerve wracking and anxiety inducing.
Let’s discuss the ingredients!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce:
Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
Orange Zest & Juice
Pure Maple Syrup
Ground Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
The combination of these ingredients yields a vibrant perfectly sweet tangy zesty warmly-spiced cranberry sauce that is well-rounded in flavor.
I like adding a fresh sprig of rosemary for a little earthy essence, but you can absolutely skip the rosemary.
How to Make Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce:
Add all of the ingredients to a pressure cooker and stir.
Secure the lid and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes, keeping the pressure release valve sealed. Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release completely, which should take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Mash the cranberries with the back of a silicon or wooden spoon and stir well. Remove the sprig of rosemary from the sauce and discard it. Taste the cranberry sauce for flavor. Add more pure maple syrup (or brown sugar) to taste.
Transfer the sauce to a sealable container and refrigerate it until ready to use. Note: The cranberry sauce will thicken as it sits.
Serve cranberry sauce with your feast and enjoy!
More Healthy Side Dish Recipes:
- Mediterranean Green Bean Casserole
- Sautéed Brussel Sprouts Recipe with Butter and Garlic
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
I hope you love this simple yet flavorful healthier cranberry sauce recipe at your Thanksgiving gathering!
If you make this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce recipe, feel free to share a photo on Instagram and tag me @The.Roasted.Root!
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a pressure cooker and stir.
- Secure the lid and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes, keeping the pressure release valve sealed. Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release completely, which should take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mash the cranberries with the back of a silicon or wooden spoon and stir well. Remove the sprig of rosemary from the sauce and discard it. Taste the cranberry sauce for flavor. Add more pure maple syrup (or brown sugar) to taste.
- Transfer the cranberry sauce to a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use (I serve cranberry sauce completely chilled)
- Serve cranberry sauce with your feast and enjoy!