Cauliflower Breakfast Porridge made grain-free and dairy-free. This easy recipe is vegan, paleo, whole30, and plant-based for a healthful way to start the day.
You know what they say…if you can make porridge out of cauliflower, m’dear, you can do anything.
For those who have an intolerance or sensitivity to oats, this cauliflower breakfast porridge meets that steamy-hot creamy breakfast porridge need with the added bonus of being grain-free and vegetable-based.
If you’re a fan of cauliflower rice, you will absolutely love this sweet, porridgey approach to the cauli.
How to Make Cauliflower Porridge:
Grate a head of cauliflower with a box grater, or pulse it in a food processor, to make it into a rice-like consistency.
Transfer the cauliflower “rice” to a saucepan along with coconut milk, almond milk, and a choice of mashed banana or pure maple syrup for sweetening.
You can also add flavorful goodies like ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. A pinch of sea salt always helps make any dish more flavorful, both sweet or savory, so don’t forget the salt!
Heat to a full boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook until porridge has reached desired thickness and consistency, about 15 minutes.
Serve with fresh berries, almond butter, or toppings of choice, and enjoy!
- Whisk an egg into the porridge during the cooking process for animal-based protein.
- Add protein powder of choice or collagen peptides.
- To make recipe Whole30 compliant, omit the pure maple syrup and use one mashed banana.
- Make recipe AIP by replacing the almond milk with additional coconut milk, and serve porridge without nuts or seeds.
- Make it Keto by sweetening the porridge with liquid Stevia, erythritol or xylitol.
And if you love the concept of cauliflower porridge, you may also love the idea of my Nut and Seed Overnight N’Oatmeal, which is a very similar concept, yet with nuts and seeds.
Breakfast porridge for the win!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this Cauliflower Breakfast Porridge, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Cauliflower Breakfast Porridge
- Remove the hard stems from the head of cauliflower and either grate it using a box grater or chop it and pulse it in a food processor to form rice-sized pieces. It should come up to about 3 cups.
- Heat cauliflower rice, coconut milk, almond milk, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a full boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pure vanilla extract. Pour into bowls and serve cauliflower breakfast porridge with fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds.