Butternut Squash and Prosciutto Pasta with Lemon Garlic and Sage is a nutritious and delicious paleo dinner recipe that is packed with nutrients! Whole30, grain-free and gluten-free, the butternut squash pasta is absolutely amazing!
Welcome back to solid food! Last week’s detox beverages went down so smoothly, that I just had to retox over the weekend.
Happy second week of January! How are your resolutions coming along?
One of my goals for the year is to travel as much as possible (if only for the weekend), and spend more time with friends and family.
I figure we have to make time for the things that matter in life in spite of how busy we get. Things that matter: memorable experiences, laughing with others, maintaining tight-knit connections to loved ones.
This weekend, I took a little road trip to Murphys, CA (which is in the Sierra Nevada Foothills) to visit friends at a winery I used to work at.
It was so nice having a change of scenery, enjoying some warm sunny weather, and catching up with people who are near and dear to my heartstrings. And retoxing. Because: when in wine country, do as the winos do, right?
Which is drink wine, right? And what’s wine without a little cheese, what’s cheese without a little cheesecake, and what’s life without chocolate…right? Thank you for validating my retox.
In other news, I’m certifiably obsessed with my new Paderno Spiral Slicer. I can’t guarantee we won’t be eating vegetable noodles for the next four months straight, BUT, I can promise it’ll be healthy and delicious.
So far, butternut squash noodles are my favorite of all the vegetable noodles – they’re hearty and filling and add a subtle sweet flavor to the meal. If you’re new to spiralizing, follow my tutorial on How to Spiralize Butternut Squash.
Have you heard?: Butternut squash, prosciutto, and sage are a trifecta of divine serendipity. The three just jive so very well together.
For this recipe, I combined the serendipitous trinity with lemon zest and garlic to make a super simple yet flavor-packed pasta meal that just so happens to be gluten free (and paleo). To me, there’s nothing more comforting than a hearty, carby, vegetable-and-meat recipe, so this one was pure pleasure to consume.
Butternut Squash and Prosciutto Pasta with Lemon Garlic and Sage
- 1 cups large butternut squash peeled and spiralized (about 6 worth)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves chopped
- 4 ounces prosciutto chunked
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- Spiralize your butternut squash and set noodles aside until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over medium-low heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the garlic and sage and saute until very fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the prosciutto, lemon zest, lemon juice, and butternut squash noodles. Saute, stirring occasionally, until butternut squash noodles are soft, but still al dente, about 12 to 15 minutes. Note: if you are having a difficult time getting your noodles to soften up, cover the skillet for a few minutes to allow the noodles to steam.
- Serve and enjoy!