This recipe is so stinking easy to prepare, it’s making me blush.
It’s not every day I make appetizers that can feed a football team, but as it turns out, we have plenty of football eating left to do, as well as a big football holiday next month. That’s right. The Super Bowl is upon us. And we.need.snacks.
Picture this: a 7-layer dip with all the normal yummies, but instead of refried beans at the bottom of the dish, we have – you guessed it – HUMMUS! We healthify the classic 7-layer dip thusly.
We cut out a good deal of the fat thusly. We exchange one bean for another…thusly. And seriously, folks, the whole thing just works.
The concept behind layered dips is so on point, I can barely stand it. They’re multifaceted, multi-flavored multi-textured, shareable, great conversation pieces…they’re basically the focal point of any get together, I mean let’s just call a spade a spade.
They are the reason for the Super Bowl. I’m fairly convinced someone many moons ago was all, “Yo, we need an excuse to eat 7-layer dip.” POOF the Super Bowl existed thusly.
I used Sabra Classic Hummus as well as their Classic Guacamole to prepare this dip, which made it equal parts easy and delicious. I also used pre-shredded cheese, canned sliced olives, and store-bought salsa, leaving me with just the green onion and cherry tomatoes to chop.
It’s like the dip makes itself.
Before you drop everything and make this, have a looksy at these…
- You guys, this makes a lot of dip…I’d say enough for 6 people to dig deep. If you’re serving fewer people and/or have other appetizers available, only use one container of hummus and one container of guacamole (versus two of each).
- Change up the hummus flavor to your liking – I’d highly suggest Sabra’s Roasted Garlic, Supremely Spicy, and/or Jalapeno hummus. You can also change up the guacamole selection.
- For an eighth layer, you can also add sour cream or one of Sabra’s fabulous Greek yogurt dips.
- This dip can be served hot or cold. To serve it hot, bake it at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. And add more cheese, please…because: splooge.
- Tortilla chips and pita chips are always a fabulous option for serving this dip, but you can also serve with toasted pita bread, and/or use the dip as a spread for burritos, sandwiches, etc. I used the dip as topping for turkey burgers and it was magnifique!
Which brings me to my next point…
Dive on iiiiiiiin!
7-Layer Hummus Dip
- 2 ounce containers Sabra Hummus of choice 10-, I used Classic
- 2 containers Sabra Guacamole I used Classic
- ounces salsa
- 1-½ cups grated cheese
- can sliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes chopped
Spread the hummus on the bottom of a 2-quart (11" x 7") casserole dish. Spread the guacamole on top, followed by the salsa. Evenly spread the cheese, olives, green onion, and tomatoes on top, and serve with your favorite chips!