Easy 3-ingredient healthy chicken wings with herbs and honey! Make these for game day!
Did I ever tell you about the epic Buffalo Wing Binge of 2008? It was before this blog’s time, but there was a substantial stint in my latter days when roughly 60% of what I ate was dripping in buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing. Don’t tell me…you went through the same thing? Apparently 2008 was the Year of the Buffalo Wing for us all.
And since we’re on the topic, how did Buffalo Wings get their name? Last I heard, buffalo don’t have wings. And crap man, if they did, they’d be uuuuuge! So why, “Buffalo?”
^^^Okay, I just googled it.
As the story goes, Buffalo wings were first served at a bar in Buffalo, New York in the 1960’s or 1970’s, who the heck knows, it was all a blur and tens of people who lived in Buffalo during that period laid claim to having been the inventor. So as it turns out, we all would have been less confused these last several decades had the wings originated in Minneapolis…or Austin…or Philadelphia…or anywhere but a city named after an animal.
The Super Bowl is fastly approaching and guess what? We need all the wings we can get.
Healthy-ish ones. You know…cause we’ve got alcohol calories to consume.
Let’s face it, appetizers are the best dang part about the whole Super Bowl (considering the 49ers aren’t playing), so I figured I’d whip up a super easy and fool-proof chicken wing recipe. All’s you need is 3 ingredients, folks! Of course you can whip up a delicious dipping sauce to go with the wings if you’d like (such as my mayo-free green goddess dressing! So zesty, herb-y and fresh!), but the wings are plenty flavorful on their own.
This easy 3-ingredient appetizer recipe requires only chicken wings, Italian-style seasoning, and honey. I simply stuck my raw chicken wings in a bowl, tossed in the herb blend, and baked them in the oven. I then drizzled honey on the crispy wings, because: yum. If you like your food on the salty side, you can sprinkle a little sea salt on the wings prior to eating them, but I thought they were fine as is!
Reno Wings #forthewin!
Easy 3-Ingredient Chicken Wings with Herbs and HoneyPrint
- 2 pounds frozen chicken wings thawed
- 3 Tablespoons Italian seasoning*
- Honey to taste for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl and add the Italian seasoning. Use your hands to toss the wings and seasoning together until all the wings are coated (this may need to be done in batches depending on the size of your bowl).
- Place the wings on a large non-stick baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through (Note: mine were in the oven for 22 minutes on the dot).
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving platter, and drizzle with honey.
*Or 4 packets Ground 2 Table's #7 blend