Spiced Pear Oatmeal with cinnamon spiced caramelized pears, golden raisins, and walnuts is an incredible changeup to your morning porridge! This easy breakfast recipe comes together quickly and is such a delight to consume!
Allow me to introduce Caramelized Spiced Pear Oatmeal, my friends!
It may sound strange, but just wait for it!
Fresh pears are sautéed in a skillet with goodies like pure maple syrup and cinnamon to use as topping for your morning oatmeal.
They taste warmly-spiced, rich, and incredibly buttery.
You can’t believe it’s not butter?
I know, me neither.
If I were an entrepreneur, I would start a chain of artisan oatmeal restaurants (because that would be successful), in which this exact spiced pear oatmeal would be sold (seasonally).
Stirring it all up with some golden raisins and walnuts makes for an unforgettable culinary adventure!
Oatmeal with pears may just be my new favorite healthy breakfast!
I love meals like this to enjoy as a post-workout meal, because it contains complex carbohydrates to help refuel your muscles and aid with recovery.
Not to mention, it is so inviting! My guess is you’ll want to make a big batch each week for meal prepping breakfasts throughout the busy workweek.
Tastes just like butter!
Spiced Pear Oatmeal
Spice up your oatmeal game with caramelized pears! This incredibly flavorful fall-inspired breakfast is loaded with flavor.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1.5 cups flax seed milk + more for serving*
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- maple syrup for serving
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and stir in the oatmeal. Return to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook until the water has been absorbed.
- In a medium-sized skillet add the remaining ingredients and heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring every couple of minutes, until pears are softened and flax milk has evaporated, leaving a thick sauce around the pears, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dish out desired amount of oatmeal and serve with the caramelized pears, raisins, and walnuts on top. Add maple syrup and additional flax milk/almond milk if desired.
*You can also use almond milk, but note that it will separate when it is brought to a boiling point.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 of 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 315Total Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 54gFiber 9gSugar 23gProtein 7g
Saturday 29th of January 2022
This was the best oatmeal I could've imagined. All the right stuff...and living alone; I saved the pear mixture in a separate jar from the oatmeal to have another day. Adding the nuts and maple syrup when ready to eat. Thank you!
Tuesday 1st of February 2022
I'm so happy you enjoy it, Susan! This has been one of my favorite oatmeal recipes too! xoxoxo
Sunday 11th of December 2016
Made this today with coconut milk. Doubled the recipe so it taking forever to reduce! Smells delicious.
Sunday 11th of December 2016
So happy to hear you made this oatmeal, Andrew! The caramelized pears are everything. Hope you enjoy! xo
Saturday 19th of October 2013
Now that's a breakfast that would get me outta bed! Pears and oatmeal just sounds so good together. Definitely trying this oatmeal sometime this week--looks perfect for the chilly fall mornings ahead of us!
Food to Fitness
Thursday 17th of October 2013
Healthy and tasty. Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
Tuesday 15th of October 2013
sounds like a delicious breakfast!