Roasted vegetable teriyaki bowls are an easy meal to throw together any night of the week.
I debated long and hard about showing you this recipe because of its simplicity. I make roasted vegetables on a weekly basis and tend to throw all sorts of spices, oil, and vinegar in the casserole dish without paying attention to measurements. A couple of weeks ago, I had a ginorm hankering for teriyaki and knew that if I were let loose inside of a Panda Express, things would happen that I couldn’t take back. So I roasted up some veggies with my favorite teriyaki sauce in order to quench my craving.
It definitely did the trick, and instead of kicking myself for making unwise takeout choices, I patted myself on the back and ate seconds. Thirds. I ate all the roasted vegetables, let’s be honest. You can choose your favorite vegetables, but I went with sweet potato, broccoli, yellow squash, bell pepper, and onion.
But I didn’t know if I wanted to show you the result of a weeknight throw-it-together with store-bought sauce. After mulling the decision over in my brain, I decided this recipe was too good not to share. Plus, if I assume we can all agree that a simple chop-and-drizzle makes for a nice, hassle-free night of cooking.
Here’s an example of what I do on the daily for dinner. Rice. Roasted veg. Some sort of sauce. Nuts. It’s so easy, so inexpensive, and above all: healthy and satisfying. You can even make your own homemade teriyaki sauce if you get a wild hair.
Let’s go to teriyaki town!
Roasted Vegetable Teriyaki Bowls
- 1 medium sweet potato chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 medium head broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 yellow squash chopped
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce + more for serving
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 2 to 3 cups cooked brown rice for serving
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables to a large casserole dish.
- Drizzle the teriyaki sauce, dried basil, ground cumin, and salt over the vegetables and stir to coat everything.
- Roast in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring twice half-way and three-quarters of the way through. The vegetables should be soft, but slightly al dente.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook your rice per package instructions (I used 1.5 cups of uncooked sprouted brown rice and it made the perfect amount to serve 4 people).
- Scoop desired amount of brown rice into 4 (or 5) separate bowls. Add desired amount of roasted vegetables and serve with additional teriyaki sauce and roasted cashews.