Herb and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are a delightfully rustic and creamy appetizer, perfect for sharing at any gathering year round!
Just look at these things.
Here’s what we’re going to do: take ALL THE HERBS, moosh them together with goat cheese, and shove them it in our faces via mushroom canoe. Doesn’t that sound like a care package from heaven?
How do you feel about herbs?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme, y’all!
Just like the song says.
Stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer any time of the year, but I love them for holiday gatherings because they aren’t super labor or time intensive and they’re filling, so you’d be fine if you just made one per person.
Or you can make them by the truckload and serve them for dinner…that works, too!
I made these herb and goat cheese stuffed mushrooms for Friendsgiving a few weeks ago as an appetizer.
So easy, rich, earthy, and meaty.
I have to admit, I was a little bit concerned I had added too many herbs…like, I was walking around Friendsgiving speaking disclaimers and saying things like, “the mushrooms may be a bit herb-y…are they too herb-y? There’s about 76 times the amount of herbs in these than other recipes. What do you think – less herbs next time?”
But the friends approved the herbage, so I decided to make them again and share them with you.
These are so stinking herb-ed, and goat cheese-ed, it’s sheer lunacy.
Because you need 8 ounces of goat cheese for the recipe, I recommend getting one of the big logs instead of buying multiple smaller packages. I
get the unflavored kind since we’re adding so many herbs, but if you’d like, you can do a flavor infusion.
If you don’t have access to lavender buds, you can use Cypress Grove’s Purple Haze – it is rubbed in lavender buds, and is my favorite of all favorite goat cheeses.
Really get jazzy on these shroom caps – you deserve it!
#ProTip: when the stuffed mushrooms come out of the oven, drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with coarse sea salt – this really takes the appetizer to the next level!
If you love stuffed mushrooms, also try my Ground Beef and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Okay, I’m done.
Herb and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon thyme chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender buds chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- 15 large baby bella mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the goat cheese, herbs, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Wash the mushrooms and pat them dry. Remove the stems and the gills. Scoop the herb-y goat cheese into the mushroom caps, and place mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until juices are seeping out of the mushrooms, and the goat cheese is crisp and golden brown on top. For extra crispy goat cheese, you can put your oven on the high broil setting, and broil for a couple of minutes at the end.
- Serve and enjoy!