Grain-free tahini blondies (a.k.a. cookie bars) made with hazelnut flour or almond flour are a gooey, delectable treat! Refined sugar-free and dairy-free, these healthier cookie bars are great for folks looking for a cleaner dessert.
Hello, blondies, my old friend! 😀
Blondies (a.k.a. Cookie bars) are my favorite dessert next to brownies. There’s just something about a chocolate-studded chewy, gooey bar that really hits every imaginable spot.
I baked this batch of grain-free blondies using tahini, hazelnut flour (you can use almond flour), and coconut sugar. They’re quick and easy to throw together any time you’re jonesing for a treat or need to come up with a last-minute dessert for company.
Quick question –
Tahini…do you love it? Loath it?
I’m on team LOVE when it comes to tahini…I use it to make sauces and spreads, and also use it in my dessert recipes. It can go anywhere almond butter can go! While the flavor is slightly bitter, I love the natural creaminess of it and don’t mind the slight bitterness one bit. In fact, I absolutely adore the flavor of tahini.
Tahini actually packs quite the health punch. It contains healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals, and is also a natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, making it ideal for folks with gut imbalances. It is made with sesame seeds, which have been touted as a hormone-balancing food, as they help boost progesterone, thereby supporting your ovulation and luteal phase.
So what I’m getting at here, is these blondies are great for your health and hormones, so make them in triplicate. On repeat.
But seriously, let’s make them!
How to Make Tahini Blondies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper.
Add the tahini, eggs, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and mix to combine (I simply beat the ingredients together with a fork).
Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until a thick dough forms.
Transfer the blondie dough to the parchment-lined baking pan and bake 18 to 22 minutes, until blondies are beginning to turn golden-brown around the edges.
Allow blondies to cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Drizzle with tahini and sprinkle with sea salt for a real good time!
- Rather than using hazelnut flour, you can use almond flour
- Add 1 tsp ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice for a warmly-spiced approach
- Use your favorite dark chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips
- Add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans for a nutty treat
- Replace the tahini with nut or seed butter of choice (just make sure it’s runny)
- I used 9” x 9” baking pan, but you can use 8” x 8” pan
If you love these tahini blondies, you may also like:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Bars
- Chocolate Chip Paleo Blondies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Paleo Vegan Fudge Brownies
Best use for tahini since hummus!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make these tahini blondies, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
Grain-Free Tahini Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the tahini, avocado oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Note: be sure your tahini is runny and well-stirred.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Transfer the blondie dough to the parchment-lined baking pan and bake 18 to 22 minutes, until blondies are beginning to turn golden-brown around the edges.
- Allow blondies to cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle blondies with tahini and sprinkle with sea salt for a real good time!