I’ve been holding out on you. For months. Like a straight up teasy teaserton.
I made this recipe back when I was dishing out pancakes every Friday during The Pancake Project. I had no reason to hold on to this recipe for so long. I don’t know if I was waiting for the apocalypse or for someone to straight up tell me, “’Eh you! Pohst that gluhten free yogaht paaaaancake recipe already, huh?” Of course this person would sound exactly like Robert De Niro.
Cool it, Robert. Your recipe’s coming.
During and following The Pancake Project (10 weeks of gluten-free pancakes), I experimented with various gluten-free flour combinations to make cozy stacks of weekend delight. This one’s definitely something special with unique flavor and great texture.
I want to lay my head on these pillowy cakes. Seriously, it’s been an exhausting week and I could take a rest atop a stack of pancakes.
If I’m not smearing a pancake with peanut butter, I’m probably topping it with homemade blueberry syrup (or compote….gaaaaah I hate that word). I did the blueberry thang in this case. It requires no more effort than putting blueberries, water and something sweet in a saucepan and heating it all up.
It’s the weekend. It’s father’s day weekend. This is the weekend we make pancakes.
Gluten Free Yogurt Pancakes
For the pancakes:
For the Topping
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon agave honey or brown sugar (optional) or to taste
To prepare the blueberry topping:
- Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan just below medium heat.
- Juices will begin seeping from the blueberries. Allow them to cook until the mixture is gently bubbling and blueberries appear puffy and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sweetener, stir, and set aside.
To make the pancakes:
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl then add the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add enough oil/butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Measure out a scant 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour on skillet. Cook until the sides begin to firm up, a few minutes.
- Flip the pancake to the other side and cook another few minutes until cooked all the way through.
Other gluten free yogurt pancakes:
Piña Colada Pancakes (pineapple yogurt)
Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes (lemon yogurt)