How many lettuce wraps can you fit into your mouth at once?
They’re like a Seven Cheese Macaroni Chicken Pot Pie Pizza à la mode with a side of bacon. Minus all seven of the cheeses, the macaroni, the pot, the pie, the pizza, the à la mode, and the entire side of bacon. They’re more of a business-in-the front kind of food (whatever that means), but they’ll sure make you feel real good.
Like baby’s got her blue jeans on good.
Like Miss Bell’s sweet tea good.
Like cold beer on a Friday night good.
Like whiskey in your water good.
Like a dropped tailgate on a summer night good.
You may as well put a ring on it and tell the grave digger that he’d better dig two, because they’re hell on heels and baby they’re coming for you.
Someone’s been listening to all the country Pandora radio.
Oh hey, these things are easy like Sunday morning. You just whip yerself up a batch of tzatziki sauce.
Then the chicken gets the cast iron treatment like whaaa.
Red onion, avocado, the chicken, and tzatziki sauce go in the butter lettuce for the swaddling. Swaddled food is good food. The tzatziki sauce? Drink it.
These lettuce wraps come together quickly! Like one episode of Jeopardy quickly. Which means they’re probably the best TV dinner food item ever, follow my logic? But heck, you can also make the wraps on the weekend, because let’s face it: weekends are for playing – ain’t nobody got time to put together a meal that takes longer than an episode of American Pickers.
Let’s win this game called life.
Ready, set, swaddle.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Butter leaf lettuce
- Tzatziki sauce
- 1 to 2 avocados
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Heat the oil to medium-high in a cast iron skillet.
- Add the chicken, and sauté, stirring frequently about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper, and stir well. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through but still tender, about another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry butter lettuce leaves.
- Add sliced red onion, avocado, chicken, and desired amount of Tzatziki sauce. Wrap em up and devour!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g