Ever since I turned in my manuscript for Let Them Eat Kale!, I…well…I haven’t eaten kale. Not because I lost that loving feeling toward the leafy green, but because my kale tank was full and it hasn’t been until recently that I felt I needed to replenish it. So this weekend, I did a little house, dog, and cat-sitting, a little wine-ing (shocked?), and a lot of kale-ing.
I had strawberries that were ripe for the using and some fresh herbs, so I decided to make a strawberry-mint vinaigrette for the kale salad. The vinaigrette turned out sweet, tangy, and refreshing. I used baby kale leaves because they require less prep than your standard curly kale. And I was busy wine-ing so I couldn’t be bothered to stop and massage the kale. No way, no how. Solution: baby kale. I threw sunflower seeds, almonds, avocado, fresh chopped mint, and goat cheese into the mix and ended up with a flavorful, healthful, vibrant, spring salad. Ripe for the eating!
There’s more to this story than salad and dressing, because…
Georgia from The Comfort of Cooking is going to have a baby girl! In order to celebrate, myself and other bloggers are throwing her a virtual baby shower. We were all supposed to bring something pink to eat, but as always, I brought the green. And the pink. I counted the strawberry-mint vinaigrette and the strawberries as my pink contribution. Does this remind you of every board game you played as a child, where there was at least one kid who had to amend the rules because his/her brain couldn’t help but think outside the box? Real rule bender here. I’ll trade you one Starburst for Pennsylvania Avenue.
Check out what tasty pink treats the other ladies brought!:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
- Beet Pesto Pasta from Little Kitchie
- Strawberry Almond Cream Tart from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph’s Bite by Bite
- Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
- Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
- White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze from The Messy Baker