Photo by Jen Schmidt
The eagle has landed! Delicious Probiotic Drinks has been released into the wild! The baby has been born! Great balls of fire, my first cookbook has been published! What better way to celebrate the release than to give it to you for free?? TIMES THREE! I’ll give you all the giveaway deets, but first, a spiel about the book.
Delicious Probiotic Drinks includes 75 recipes for naturally-fermented probiotic beverages, including kombucha, ginger beer, kefir (and yogurt!), lactofermented lemonade, and more! This book is great for those who have never brewed a probiotic drink in their life, as well as seasoned brewers. Making these drinks at home is much more cost effective (and fun!) than buying them from the store. Plus, being a home-brewer of any kind enhances your badassedness (well-known fact). You can order my book through Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.
What’s so fan-freaking-tastic about probiotic drinks that one would write a cookbook on them? So glad you asked! They…
- Promote the microflora in your digestive tract, which ensure proper digestion and nutrient absorption as well as bowel regularity.
- Boost your immune system and energy level.
- Prevent and heal sickness and disease.
- Relieve certain digestive disorders, such as Crohn’s Disease, Celic Disease, Candida, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, ulcers, etc.
- Promote joint function.
- Are vitamin & mineral rich! Each drink contains its own set of benefits other than gut health. They are filled with a variety of Vitamins, minerals, and enzymes, proving to be super-charged vitalizing elixirs!
Annnd…the benefit to brewing probiotic drinks at home is…
- Home-brewed probiotic drinks contain more strands and types of probiotics than store-bought.
- It’s cheaper! Purchasing probiotic-rich food and drinks can be expensive, but making them at home is cheap!
- It’s fun and badass! Fermentation truly is an art. You can get creative, learn as you go, and watch your probiotic culture evolve over time. It’s wuuuuuunderbar!
- You can flavor them as you please! Based on your personal taste and/or nutritional needs, you can experiment with ingredients to create tasty treats.
I SWEAR, BREWING PROBIOTICS IS EASY! IF THIS GIRL CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOOOOOOO! just saying…
Want to try your hand at brewing probioticals at home? I’m giving away THREE COPIES of my book, Delicious Probiotic Drinks: 75 Recipes for Kombucha, Kefir, Ginger Beer, and Other Naturally Fermented Drinks! PLUS one winner will receive a $50 Whole Foods Gift Card, and a starter kit which includes Kombucha Starter, Kefir Starter, and a case of 12 Cobalt Blue 16 oz. Flip Cap Bottles. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment on this post! The giveaway ends 2/28 and the winners will be notified through email (so be sure you give me the best email at which you can be reached!).
There will also be a slew of my dear food blogger friends posting reviews and giveaways of the book, so keep your eyes peeled!
Thank you so much for your support! Whether you’re new to my blog or have been with me since the onset of my book’s gestation period, I can’t thank you enough for being here and sharing this special day with me!