Warm up your spoons, it’s guac time! Guacamole, like The Dude’s rug in The Big Lebowski, is the ingredient that ties together so many meals. It’s a dipper, topper, stuffer. It’s what makes scrambled eggs edible. It’s salad dressing if you ask me.
And if we were to go one step further, we could also say guacamole is the backbone to your sob fest after a rough day. The shoulder you blow your nose on. Or when the boyfriend’s out of town, guacamole is dinner. No use in pretending it’s not.
How to Make This Guacamole Recipe:
The best part about this guacamole recipe is all you need to do is mash all the ingredients together in a bowl. Taste the guacamole for flavor and add more lime juice, garlic, and/or sea salt to taste! Use it as a dip or as a topping for tacos, burrito bowls, enchiladas, or burritos.
If you’re ready for Cinco de Mayo or simply need a buddy to call a meal, guacamole is here for ya. If you or anyone you know could use a hand in vegetable prep, this cookbook makes an excellent sidekick!
Guacamole + Cookbook Review
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeno diced
- 1 medium-sized tomato seeded and diced
- 5 sprigs cilantro finely chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 ripe avocados
- salt to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Halve the avocados and add the flesh to a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado gently but leave it somewhat chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the avocado and fold everything together until combined.
- Serve guacamole on top of tacos, in burritos or with tortilla chips!